Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Stitchy Exes Quilt

This is a pattern I've seen many variations on.  I have a few of these pinned, but I really wanted to use a jelly roll to make it easy on myself so I think mine is a little different from the existing ones out there.

The fabric is Moda Sew Stitchy.






 
 
 
After assembling rows of three and cutting them up, it was a little tricky arranging them into blocks I liked - and then I was dealing with bias edges so squaring them up was another challenge.  Then I really decided I wanted sashing so it wasn't so scrappy looking.  And then I went with some floating triangles at the top, on a whim.
 
 
 
 
 





Over all I'm very happy with it and I love how it just sort of evolved as a work in progress, without any real plan from the beginning.







 
 
I'll post more pictures after it's finished ... I just couldn't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment