Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cutting Edge Hello Kitty Quilt

My oldest youngling was overdue for a custom quilt.  I pinned several simple geometric examples and had my daughter choose from them.  This was the winner.

I found the pattern in a magazine.  It's Cutting Edge by Fresh Lemons Quilts.  I just love paper piecing and was thrilled with the triangle layout.

I agonized over color selection here.  I really wanted the red column to fade down to orange, and then the red orange to fade down to yellow orange; the yellow orange down to yellow green, etc.  I love how it turned out. 

I ordered this gorgeous bundle from Etsy and stuck a few HK prints in there from my stash.  Then I decided it was just not enough Hello Kitty in there so I purchased this adorable gingham print for the back.

Coming straight off the Mario quilt, I was ready to go back to straight lines and the quilting went SO fast compared to Mario!  I think I finished it in an hour or so.  Then I used a print from my stash (Walmart I think) for the binding. 

She loves it :)  It's probably my favorite quilt of mine so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment