Monday, October 21, 2013

From Tantrums to Roses





I am officially a quilter, and my youngest "toddler" is almost not anymore, so I have opted for a name change and a rebranding of sorts (including an etsy shop).

Desert Rose is a china pattern that was popular in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, and my grandmother had a large collection which I inherited.  You can see it in "Gangster Squad," every antique store in the south, and in several of my food-related posts.

Recently my aunt sent me a quilt my grandmother started - the blocks are individually hand-quilted and it is going to be a true labor of love to finish it, an amazing heirloom I won't want to let go of.

So on my fifth or sixth day of brainstorming new blog names, during dinner, it hit me :)  So here it is, Desert Rose Quilts; heirlooms to last forever and create memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment