Thursday, October 25, 2012

Project HOPE

Pardon my absence in the early part of this month....Desperate Housewives took over my life for awhile but I'm better now.  So:



A few times a years, volunteers with Project HOPE hand-deliver handmade items to children in need in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.  Check it out here.  A friend of mine organized a night for us to all get together and sew up some dresses for the project.


We used this free pattern from Oliver + S.  It's a great little take on a pillow case dress, with some extra detail at the top and armholes but still totally simple.







I made two so I could take one home to my little living dressform :)  It's perfect for this warm climate, even in October.








Something like this would be extra-fun for someone who doesn't have girls and never gets to make dresses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment