Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bubble Dress!!

I was just starting to see and hear of bubble dresses this summer when I came across one in a little expensive boutique for, like, eighty percent off, so I snagged it up.  When I brought it home to my daughter, I thought she'd never take it off, so I set out to make one.


This tutorial by Straight Grain recently popped up on pinterest and has received a lot of positive feedback.






Here's my take on it.







I added ribbon at the waistline to improve the look of the seam on the large print (which is Michael Miller Andalucia Dots).  The dress is a little shorter than I like, so I'll make the next one longer.  Once the pieces were cut from the pattern, it went together in a little over an hour, and she's crazy about it :)






I used a snap to close it at the top instead of a button.  I'd like to use a zipper next time.  The dress made its debut at the pumpkin patch this morning to rave reviews :)





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, what a lovely bubble dress! And such a cute model too. Thank you for using my pattern :-) I plan to create a permanent page on my blog with pictures of balloon dresses made with my patterns. I'll include yours as wel, and link up to your blog :-) Thanks again -an.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's a lovely tutorial and I hope it will send some of my friends your way :)

      Delete