Sunday, December 4, 2011

Prepare Yourself. You're About To Win Mother Of The Year.

Pardon my terrible photography skills.


Well, that's a pretty cake, Jackie, but how is it going to win me mother of the year?


And why does your hand look like it's made out of plastic?

Oh, that? 



That's just my friend BARBIE.  And you and your daughter are about to throw her a birthday party.

I have to give credit, here, for the original idea.  She also does donuts that my camera just would not get a decent picture of. 

I previously thought there was no improving upon the Oreo.  I was wrong.


Enter:  Berry Burst Ice Cream Oreos.  I thought they would be cute for the cakes.  I didn't know they were going to TASTE SO GOOD.



Frost an Oreo, with regular, plain old frosting in a can.




Slap another Oreo on top of it, and frost the whole thing like you would a cake.



Decorate as desired.



Your kid is going to love you forever.  Or at least for the next five minutes, until you tell her they have to sit for several hours to allow the oreo to soften and become cake-like.  Overnight is probably best.  Ours were still crunchy.  And still delicious.


I just did the cake, but you could go all out.  Party dresses, decorations, you name it.  So.  Cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment